California Bio-Mass, Inc., is committed to:
- Maintain a leadership role nationally in the development of innovative methods in the composting process, including odor management and marketing of recycled products.
- Design products that take life-cycle thinking into account and minimize environmental impacts in production, use and disposal.
- Develop products from recovered organic waste material with economically sustainable local markets.
- Find the highest and best use for the amount of material that has not been incorporated into a salable product.
- Recognize impacts from the processing facility concerning the community and participate in open discussions with local citizens to work through issues.
- Continuously strive to reduce air emissions to levels below the nuisance threshold.
To achieve our mission, we must:
- Attract, motivate and retain highly-trained, safe employees
- Ensure that reduce, reuse, recycle come before waste disposal
- Employ management with deep composting and recycling experience that understand our customer's needs
- Provide local processing to reduce environmental risk and lower transportation costs
- Display environmental integrity through solid relationships with government authorities
- Maintain greater than required financial assurance, including closure funds for our facilities and a $10 million insurance policy
With your help, we will do our part to ensure that the Coachella Valley remains a great place to live and work.